Friday, February 22, 2008

hey there, cupcakes!

So after years of searching, I think I've finally found my calling................... cupcakes! What could be better than a cupcake? Something about a bite size piece of cake topped with sugary sweet frosting just brings you back to your childhood. (at least it does for me) Cupcakes have a certain innocence about them. They're just the right size. Just big enough to satisfy your craving, yet not so big that they leave you feeling like a big fat pig. I love the versatility of a cupcake. There's so many ways it can be done, and no one way is right.

Let me give you all a little bit of background. I've been cooking and baking for about 5 years. I've always enjoyed baking a lot more than cooking, probably due to the fact that I have a HUGE sweet tooth. (a trait that my husband doesn't always appreciate!) I love baking everything: cookies, pies, cakes, and most recently, cupcakes. I've taken a few cake decorating classes and toyed with the idea of going to pastry school, but for now I'm just experimenting with new recipes and flavor combinations.

This blog will hopefully be a way for me to keep my thoughts and ideas organized, as well as share something that I love with others who feel the same way.

No comments: